Friday, September 11, 2009

Why start a blog?

To My Dear Military Wives,

I was sitting here alone at home thinking about 9/11 and all that happened as a result of that day. War. Our husbands, fathers, sons, daughters, grandfathers, nephews, neices were sent abroad to fight. As a military wife, I thought not only about those in our military, but also those left behind. I thought of you and me. I thought of the many American's who have lost fathers and mothers, brothers and sisters to this war, that is still today, raging in the middle east. Have we been forgotten? Sometimes I think so. Having just recently made it through a long deployment, its all too familiar how a military spouse and family can be lost in the shuffles of "Tell him I say thank you for his service". While I was always grateful for someones support of my husband and I know that he needs it more than I do, sometimes I wanted to scream "What about ME?" Selfish? Maybe. Would I be completely wrong to assume that most every military wife feels that at some point during there husband or spouses service in the military? Probably not. More likely than not, you have felt the same way and that is the very reason this blog exists. This blog is meant for you. To be an outlet for Today's military wife to connect with other military wives on the issues that face us all today. From serious issues, to fun recipies or the cheapest detergent to buy, or how to pass the time during deployment, we want to cover it all. It's not just one point of view you will get either. I will also call on military wife friends who are at different places in their lives and can contribute to make this blog as whole as possible. I've changed a diaper (or two, or three) but no one can give you first hand advice on how children handle deployment and ways to help them cope, like someone who has lived it. Do you have things you want to discuss? Blog ideas? Helpful information? Write us. This blog is for you. We want to discuss what YOU want to discuss.

We hope you find this blog to be fun and informational and we also recommend you to get involved. Discuss, connect, encourage. No one understands your struggles like a sister military wife.

Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment