Friday, September 11, 2009

Remembering 9/11

Hi All,

Do you remember where you were when you heard the news? I was in my English class. At first I had no understanding of what had happened and was currently happening to thousands of innocent bystanders as I sat safely in my classroom. When I finally saw the images playing across the TV screen in History class an hour later, any security and safety I felt was gone. Vulnerability and fear filled my soul. I was scared for my family and friends and the fear the terrorists meant to instill in the American people, was seen in the eyes of every person in my class. We were all scared. For millions of people my age, that was the first we had seen of terrorism and the image is forever set in our minds. Where were you? Had you ever experienced or seen anything like what happened on that terrible day? What did you feel? How do you feel about 9/11 now? Do we do enough to commemorate 9/11 and those who lost their lives? What about the soldiers who invaded Iraq and Afganistan as a result of 9/11? Do we give enough credit to them, or is the memory of those brave men and women forgotten? What do you think?

Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment